One of my favorite authors is Gretchen Rubin, author of my favorite series of Happiness books. She wrote the Happiness Project, and also the sequel to her happiness project is Happiness at Home. I first came across her when I worked at Anthropologie in Boca Raton, and was responsible for educating the staff on new product that came in. Since I am an avid reader, I read this book and not only quickly educated the staff on it for product knowledge reasons but I started to quote it almost daily to help motivate my team. I just finished her second happier at home when she would reference NYC, the city she is becoming happier in, I felt like I was walking along side her in some parts and it really motivated me to continue my road to happiness.
Since it’s the weekend, and I am not at work as long and as much as I am during the week I have more time to concentrate on personal matters such as my state of happiness. Gretchen talks about how she is most happy when she remembers to just be herself. I am really learning from this because since I moved to NYC I have been trying to figure out exactly what it is that I wanted to accomplish here and its hard when there are now more friends and family around suggesting to me what that is. I need to concentrate on me, Kadie, and really soul search on what I need to accomplish, what I need to be spending my time doing, and what things are going to ultimately make me the most happy.
I am trying to balance my very new hectic work schedule to have time to concentrate on these areas of my personal happiness.
- Working out
- Making planned healthy meals for the entire week
- Plan for things I want to buy or places I want to travel
- long blonde hair (sounds superficial but I feel pretty as a blonde so I want that confidence back)
- Staying Organized
- Waking up Early
- Dancing (Although, its hard to get myself there because of how embarrassed, and frustrated I get when I do not understand the moves)
- My puppy
- Paying off Debt (seems weird that this makes me happy but im sure some of you understand how happy I will be once it all goes away)
I hope you all have a very happy weekend!